A grassroots team of experienced library telescope program volunteers has joined together to support the expansion of the "Library Telescope" program across the USA and even internationally. Each of our team members volunteer their time without pay because they feel strongly that the library telescope program is an exciting way to introduce the general public to the wonders of astronomy and space science, and an innovative way for libraries to expand their offering to the public.
Volunteers support this website, social media accounts and answer questions from libraries, astronomy clubs and other enthusiasts who are interested in launching or supporting the Library Telescope Program. Check our Blogs section to see articles by many of these volunteers.
Current members of our team working to expand the program internationally include:
- Mark Boyd, Monticello Minnesota Rotary Club
- Don Ficken, St. Louis Astronomical Society and Astronomical Society of Eastern Missouri
- John Goss, Astronomical League
- Tom Lynch, Amateur Observers' Society of New York
- Maynard Pritchard, Astronomical League
- Chuck Simms, Astronomical Society of Eastern Missouri
- Marc Stowbridge, New Hampshire Astronomical Society
- Ron Thompson, Southern Maine Astronomers
- Rocky Togni, Central Arkansas Astronomical Society
If you are interested in joining our team as a volunteer, please feel free to Contact us.